Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You Pick the Name: New Faux


Once again, here I go trying to break the mold of traditional faux finishes. I developed this finish for a very special client of mine. They have no restrictions when it comes to texture, deep colors and shimmers. So that's what I gave them, and we ended up with an ultra rich finish with tones of lavender, so refreshing I'm not sure if they'll leave the bathroom(I'm joking ;))


I was asked on this project what my favorite project has been. If you've been following the blog it would seems as if the latest post would be my latest favorite... but it's the truth. If you can find joy in everything you do, then why not have your latest project be your favorite! I was taught at the Maryland Institute, by a drawing teacher, that you are going to create things in life that you're not going to enjoy, and you better find a way to enjoy it. In adition you must create as if it's the best idea in the world... and it usually ends up the best idea in the world, until the next project.

The bottom photo is the guest bathroom down stairs, demostrating the fearlessness in texture/ shimmers and richness in color.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep being creative.